top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Construction Site

If you have a question that you do NOT see below, please send an email to


I attend weekly safety meetings with my company, is this the same as safety training? No. When you take a training with EWC, you will receive a certification in whichever training you attend. Certifications expire (depending on which subject) and eventually you will need to get re-certified.


What is a Competent Person? According to OSHA standards, a competent person is one who “through training or experience is knowledgeable of the various Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards that apply to their workplace, is capable of identifying workplace hazards relating to their specific operations, and has the authority invested in him or her by their employer to correct the hazards to protect their workers.”


What is HAZWOPER? HAZWOPER is the term used to describe Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard by OSHA (Gen. Ind. 1910.120). The HAZWOPER Standard is simply stated, an excellent way of being aware of the many hazards that can surround the daily lives of all workers.


Are you COVID compliant? Yes!


Do you offer other services besides safety training? Yes! Please view our SERVICES page.


Where can I find all your trainings & standards? Please send an email to and we will send you a copy of our Capabilities Package!

bottom of page